Question: how much to install 200 amp service ?
How much to install 200 amp service? Let’s start by understanding what a 200 amp service means. A 200 amp service comes in a few parts, the service panel and the service entrance. The service entrance is the wire and meter that takes the power from the utility company and feeds your service panel. Example 2 is a perfect example of a 200 amp service entrance. The service entrance includes a weatherhead at the top of the drop to prevent water from entering the spliced end. The wire will run vertically down the house and enter the meter socket. The meter socket is an enclosure with a socket. This socket must be compatible with utility meter. Meters are a way for utility company to keep track of usage. After the wire exits the meter socket it enters the home and feeds a panel within 3 ft of entrance. Once the service panel is fed with the new entrance wire we can learn about the service panel. The service panel is a load center that supplies the power to all your devices. Load centers have resettable breakers to prevent overloading of circuits. Circuit breakers can prevent fires due to overloading.
So, how much to install 200 amp service ?
Well that all depends on multiple things, does your service entrance look familiar to example 2? Example 2 is a 200 amp service drop from an aerial tri plex or 3 wire from service utility company. If you have this type of service and your panel is within 3ft of wire entrance you would expect to pay $1900-$3200 depending on service location. Most services range around $8-$12 an amp.
how much to install 200 amp service in the Pittsburgh area?
how much to install 200 amp service?
|200 Amp Service||SEU||GE||Allegheny||4-6 Hours||$2000.00|
|200 Amp Service||Underground||GE||Allegheny||4-6 Hours||$1600.00|
|200 Amp Service||Pipe||GE||Allegheny||4-6 Hours||$2600.00|
Free Estimates in Allegheny County Click Here how much to install 200 amp service ? Call Today: (412) 690-0737
Whats included in the 100 Amp service package?
- New connection to utility companies point of attachment
- New 100 amp Weather Head
- New 100 amp SEU wire Up to 30′
- New 100 amp service Meter Socket
- New 100 amp service 20 Circuit Electric Panel Upgrade with 10 appropriate breakers
- Ground Rod connection
- Water meter connection
Some more details
Typically most 100 amp service panels will take approximately 2-4 Hours. This 100 amp service will include new 100 amp service entrance wire from the top weather head, down to the new 100 amp service meter socket, new 100 amp service wire from meter socket into new 100 amp service panel inside. We will install new ground rods if needed and a ground to the water meter if needed. This 100 amp service will replace your entire 100 amp service with new. All appropriate breakers are supplied.
What makes us different?
- FREE Estimates within 24 hours
- Quick response time
- Life time workmanship guarantee
- Registered with state
- Senior / Veteran discount / Teacher / Emergency %5
- Qualified technicians
We also offer new 150 Amp Service upgrades / 200 Amp Service upgrades / 400 Amp Service upgrades / 1200 Amp Service upgrades and all services come complete with a lifetime workmanship guarantee. We have been offering great service to the Pittsburgh area for generations, Iv’e personally spent my life doing electrical and web design. We are not a huge company with huge overheads or worthless people that serve no purpose. At Rock we offer great technicians and a truck, its as simple as that. All calls are answered 24/7 by owner. Call: (412) 690-0737
Electric Panel Upgrade
We have the ability to upgrade all panels including single phase electric panels, three phase electric panels
Our Electricians have the following skills…
- Our electricians have good communication electrical print reading and reading skills
- Aptitude for mathematics.
- Our electricians have mechanical ability, strength and manual dexterity.
- Electricians have the ability to distinguish colors to work with color-coded electrical wiring.
- Electricians have the ability to plan and organize.
- Electricians have the ability to work at heights.
- Electricians have the willingness to keep up with new developments in the field
- Electricians have the ability to create new ways of completing tasks
- Electricians have the ability to do very precise work
- Our electricians are good at problem solving
- Our electricians are good at computer skills
- Our electricians are courteous, professional, and punctual
- Our electricians are knowledgeable and experienced
- Our electricians are trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Our electricians are accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Our electricians are equipped with the latest diagnostic tools
- Our electricians are skilled in residential and commercial services
If you need electrical services in Pittsburgh or surrounding area’s contact the electricians at Rock Express Service today—(412) 690-0737
Our electricians proudly serve the following areas.
Entire city of Pittsburgh including Hazelwood, Hill District, Homewood, Lawrenceville, North Side, Oakland, South Side, Squirrel Hill, West End.
Most of Allegheny county including Aspinwall PA, Baldwin PA, Bellevue PA, Bethel Park PA, Braddock PA, Brentwood PA, Bridgeville PA, Castle Shannon, Churchill PA, Clairton PA, Cresent PA, Dravosburg PA, Mckeesport PA, Edgewood PA, Forest Hills PA, Fox Chapel PA, Franklin Park PA, Glassport PA, Green tree PA, Homestead PA, Jefferson Hills PA, Monroeville PA, Moon PA, Mt. Lebanon PA, Munhall PA, Oakmont PA, Pitcarin PA, Pittsburgh PA, Pleasant Hills PA, Plum PA, Port Vue PA,Rosslyn Farms PA, Ross PA, Sewickley PA, Sharpsburg PA, South Park PA, Squirrel Hill PA, Swissvale PA, West Homestead PA, West Mifflin PA, West View PA, White Oak PA, White Hall PA, Wilkinsburg PA, Wilmerding PA