Question: how much does it cost to upgrade electrical panel ?
how much does it cost to upgrade electrical panel ? Let’s start by understanding an electrical panel. The electrical panel is a load center that supplies the power to all your devices. Load centers have resettable breakers to prevent overloading of circuits. Circuit breakers can prevent fires due to overloading.
So, how much does it cost to upgrade electrical panel ?
Well that all depends on multiple things, like size, capacity, bus material and brand name. Not all electrical panels are created equal, some electricians skimp on quality to undercut the guys providing reliable services and quality products. Good electricians know when to skimp and when to spend. (Not all electricians are created equal, I’ll talk about that in another post). In every panel there is a thing called a bus bar, this bus bar it the heart of the electrical panel. The bus bar distributes power to all the breakers in the panel. This is typically where some electricians skimp by purchasing aluminum bus bars instead of copper bus bars. 98% of people know nothing about a bus bar, not knowing about this can result in costly replacements shortly down the road. Aluminum melts at 1,221°F and Copper melts at 1,984°F, making the copper bus more durable. Some brands offer galvanized or plain steel enclosure boxes. Galvanized boxes are more durable due to the zinc coating that’s added to prevent rusting. As an electrician I know that rust means code failure. So why not prevent this by having a galvanized panel box.
how much does it cost to upgrade electrical panel ?
how much does it cost to upgrade electrical panel?
|100 Amp Panel – 20 Circuit||Copper||GE||Allegheny||2-4 Hours||$400-600|
|150 Amp Service – 40 Circuit||Copper||GE||Allegheny||2-6 Hours||$750-850|
|200 Amp Service – 40 Circuits||Copper||GE||Allegheny||2-6 Hours||$900-1100|
Free Estimates in Allegheny County Click Here how much to install 200 amp service ? Call Today: (412) 690-0737
What’s included in most panel upgrade estimates?
- Panel Box
- Appropriate breakers
- Hook up of existing circuits
- Warranty on workmanship (Rock offers lifetime workmanship)
Some more details
Typically most 100 amp service panels will take approximately 2-4 Hours.
What makes us different?
- FREE Estimates within 24 hours
- Quick response time
- Life time workmanship guarantee
- Registered with state
- Senior / Veteran discount / Teacher / Emergency %5
- Qualified technicians
We also offer new 150 Amp Service upgrades / 200 Amp Service upgrades / 400 Amp Service upgrades / 1200 Amp Service upgrades and all services come complete with a lifetime workmanship guarantee. We have been offering great service to the Pittsburgh area for generations, Iv’e personally spent my life doing electrical and web design. We are not a huge company with huge overheads or worthless people that serve no purpose. At Rock we offer great technicians and a truck, its as simple as that. All calls are answered 24/7 by owner. Call: (412) 690-0737
Electric Panel Upgrade
We have the ability to upgrade all panels including single phase electric panels, three phase electric panels
Our Electricians have the following skills…
- Our electricians have good communication electrical print reading and reading skills
- Aptitude for mathematics.
- Our electricians have mechanical ability, strength and manual dexterity.
- Electricians have the ability to distinguish colors to work with color-coded electrical wiring.
- Electricians have the ability to plan and organize.
- Electricians have the ability to work at heights.
- Electricians have the willingness to keep up with new developments in the field
- Electricians have the ability to create new ways of completing tasks
- Electricians have the ability to do very precise work
- Our electricians are good at problem solving
- Our electricians are good at computer skills
- Our electricians are courteous, professional, and punctual
- Our electricians are knowledgeable and experienced
- Our electricians are trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Our electricians are accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Our electricians are equipped with the latest diagnostic tools
- Our electricians are skilled in residential and commercial services
If you need electrical services in Pittsburgh or surrounding area’s contact the electricians at Rock Express Service today—(412) 690-0737
Our electricians proudly serve the following areas.
Entire city of Pittsburgh including Hazelwood, Hill District, Homewood, Lawrenceville, North Side, Oakland, South Side, Squirrel Hill, West End.
Most of Allegheny county including Aspinwall PA, Baldwin PA, Bellevue PA, Bethel Park PA, Braddock PA, Brentwood PA, Bridgeville PA, Castle Shannon, Churchill PA, Clairton PA, Cresent PA, Dravosburg PA, Mckeesport PA, Edgewood PA, Forest Hills PA, Fox Chapel PA, Franklin Park PA, Glassport PA, Green tree PA, Homestead PA, Jefferson Hills PA, Monroeville PA, Moon PA, Mt. Lebanon PA, Munhall PA, Oakmont PA, Pitcarin PA, Pittsburgh PA, Pleasant Hills PA, Plum PA, Port Vue PA,Rosslyn Farms PA, Ross PA, Sewickley PA, Sharpsburg PA, South Park PA, Squirrel Hill PA, Swissvale PA, West Homestead PA, West Mifflin PA, West View PA, White Oak PA, White Hall PA, Wilkinsburg PA, Wilmerding PA