Fuse Box Page – Rock Express Service
- Do you have an old electric Fuse Box?
- Are you looking to understand the safety concerns with having an old Fuse Box?
- Are you looking to replace your old Fuse Box with a new Breaker box?
If you said yes to any of the questions above you came to right place. I have personally have spent my life replacing old fuse boxes and i know first hand the safety concerns with having a outdated electrical system. Fuse boxes are a thing of the past but unfortunately i still encounter homes with this old technology. Anymore insurance company’s require you to replace your old fuse boxes to a new breaker box as well as removing knob and tube from basement. At Rock we offer quick hassle free upgrades to the Pittsburgh area. If you have an old fuse box you are at risk of potential hardware failure.
Understanding your electrical wiring and the fuse box that is present in your home is key to protecting your safety and the safety of the wiring in your home.
The presence of a fuse box typically indicates that your electrical service was installed over 50 years ago. This Fuse Box was installed to meet the electrical needs at that time. With the added power demands, such as high current appliances, and office and audio visual equipment, this older wiring may not be adequate. Our licensed electricians will provide you with a Free Estimate anywhere in the Pittsburgh area . This Free Estimate will identify the electrical demands needed and any corrections that are necessary. This should be completed, at a minimum, once every three years.
When a fuse blows, more often than not, the blown fuse is the result of an overloaded circuit. This means that there is too much electrical demand on the circuit. If the fuse is continually blowing, there is a much more serious problem and we would advise contacting us for a Free Estimate. I will explain a few issues that cause safety concerns when using a fuse box.
- Residence can screw any size fuse into the socket. For example: If a 15 amp wire runs to your kitchen and the 15 amp fuse keeps blowing you can simple oversize the fuse to a 20 amp. This results in overloading the 15 amp wire with 20 amps. This can potentially cause a fire due to more current then the wire can handle. The flaw is that the wiring for the household circuits in old houses is rated for a 15-amp fuse, but the base that the fuse screws into, called an “Edison base” or “Type T” and similar to one for a light-bulb, will also accept a 20, 25, or even a 30-amp fuse—twice the rated, safe load for the wiring.
- Fuse boxes typically only contain 6 spaces and are limited to 60 amps. For example: (New code states requires one circuit for each of the following) microwave, 2 counter circuits, dishwasher, garbage disposal, hood and 2 circuits for an electric range. That’s a total of 8 circuits and we only covered the kitchen.
- Fuses are never exactly the same causing differences in the amount of time they take to blow. This can result in damages to wiring or potential fires resulting in over current.
- Most fuse boxes used a typical 50 amp fuse for electric ranges, new ranges only use 30 amps and in most cases if something happen to the range the fuse will not blow until it reaches well over 50 amps. This could cause a fire and possible cause more damage to your appliance.
Again! An all too common practice to stop a fuse from continually blowing is to install a higher rated fuse in the circuit. For example, replacing a 15-amp fuse with a 20-amp fuse. This is a recipe for disaster, as this allows for more current into the circuit than it was designed for. This can lead to overheating of the wire and probably fire.
Another extremely dangerous situation is inserting copper / metal tubes (fake fuses) with cartridge style fuses since this does not provide protection from current overload. If the circuit is not protected properly, you are increasing the potential for a fire to occur as well as electrical arcing and electrical shock.
If a fuse needs to be replaced, always install properly matched fuses. If the fuse is continually blowing, do not hesitate to contact an electrician. Rock Express Services, Pittsburgh #1 electrician, will provide you with solutions to protect your home and family from electrical dangers.
Free Estimate Click Here Call Today: (412) 690-0737
Whats included in the NEW 100 Amp service package?
- New connection to utility companies point of attachment
- New 100 amp Weather Head
- New 100 amp SEU Wire Up to 30′
- New 100 amp Meter Socket
- New 100 amp 20 Circuit Electric Panel Upgrade with 10 appropriate breakers
- Ground Rod connection
- Water meter connection
Some more details
Typically most 100 amp house services will take approximately 2-4 Hours. This service will include new 100 amp seu wire from the top weather head, down to the new 100 amp meter socket, new 100 amp seu wire from meter socket into new 100 amp panel inside. We will install new ground rods if needed and a ground to the water meter if needed. This service will replace your entire 100 amp electrical service with new. All appropriate breakers are supplied.
What makes us different?
- FREE Estimates within 24 hours
- Quick response time
- Life time workmanship guarantee
- Registered with state
- Senior / Veteran discount %5
- Qualified technicians
We also offer new 150 Amp Service upgrades / 200 Amp Service upgrades / 400 Amp Service upgrades / 1200 Amp Service upgrades and all services come complete with a lifetime workmanship guarantee. We have been offering great service to the Pittsburgh area for generations, Iv’e personally spent my life doing electrical and web design. We are not a huge company with huge overheads or worthless people that serve no purpose. At Rock we offer great technicians and a truck, its as simple as that. All calls are answered 24/7 by owner. Call: (412) 690-0737
Electric Panel Upgrade
We have the ability to upgrade all panels including single phase electric panels, three phase electric panels
Our Electricians have the following skills…
- Our electricians have good communication electrical print reading and reading skills
- Aptitude for mathematics.
- Our electricians have mechanical ability, strength and manual dexterity.
- Electricians have the ability to distinguish colors to work with color-coded electrical wiring.
- Electricians have the ability to plan and organize.
- Electricians have the ability to work at heights.
- Electricians have the willingness to keep up with new developments in the field
- Electricians have the ability to create new ways of completing tasks
- Electricians have the ability to do very precise work
- Our electricians are good at problem solving
- Our electricians are good at computer skills
- Our electricians are courteous, professional, and punctual
- Our electricians are knowledgeable and experienced
- Our electricians are trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Our electricians are accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Our electricians are equipped with the latest diagnostic tools
- Our electricians are skilled in residential and commercial services
If you need electrical services in Pittsburgh or surrounding area’s contact the electricians at Rock Service Express today—(412) 690-0737
Our electricians proudly serve the following areas.
Entire city of Pittsburgh including Hazelwood, Hill District, Homewood, Lawrenceville, North Side, Oakland, South Side, Squirrel Hill, West End.
Most of Allegheny county including Aspinwall PA, Baldwin PA, Bellevue PA, Bethel Park PA, Braddock PA, Brentwood PA, Bridgeville PA, Castle Shannon, Churchill PA, Clairton PA, Cresent PA, Dravosburg PA, Mckeesport PA, Edgewood PA, Forest Hills PA, Fox Chapel PA, Franklin Park PA, Glassport PA, Green tree PA, Homestead PA, Jefferson Hills PA, Monroeville PA, Moon PA, Mt. Lebanon PA, Munhall PA, Oakmont PA, Pitcarin PA, Pittsburgh PA, Pleasant Hills PA, Plum PA, Port Vue PA,Rosslyn Farms PA, Ross PA, Sewickley PA, Sharpsburg PA, South Park PA, Squirrel Hill PA, Swissvale PA, West Homestead PA, West Mifflin PA, West View PA, White Oak PA, White Hall PA, Wilkinsburg PA, Wilmerding PA